2016-17 ALVARADO PTA
THE 24TH ANNUAL AUCTION
The Alvarado Auction: How you can help
We ask that every family donate at 1-2 items to support the auction’s fundraising efforts–whether you can attend the event, or not.
- Best-selling parent-donated items at the auction include: vacation home rentals, fine wine, champagne or other spirits, delicious chocolate, sports tickets and other event tickets.
- Creative activities for a group of children also sell well, such as: science experiments, craft projects, movie nights with a special theme, and outings to interesting places. Check out the “Count-Me-In“ flyer for a detailed list of ideas for parent-made items and activities.
- Host a themed dinner party or other social gathering, such as a wine tasting party, beer & cheese pairing, or a dinner party with a guest chef.
- Donate your time and creativity by offering hand-made products such as: a monthly pie delivery, frozen home-made cookie dough, hand-knit products, homemade traditional food entrees, decorated birthday cakes, a parking spot in your driveway near Alvarado, or similar items.
- Instructions: If you are a parent and have your donation items ready to drop-off, please first complete your donor form, either online or in print. Then leave the item in the Alvarado School office and attach either a note with your name and contact info (if you filled out the donor form online) or the completed donor form. For more information on how to donate, please refer to the auction donate page.
- Every year, dozens of parents help solicit donations from businesses, cultural organizations, and sports teams. Helping the auction co-chairs follow up with previous donors (in person, phone and/or email) is a huge support and something that can be done on your own time. Sign up in the ParentSquare group: https://www.parentsquare.com/feeds/312942.
- Do you have personal connections to interesting organizations or companies that can donate to Alvarado? High-End Wine or Spirits, or Gift Certificates to Restaurants are especially valuable! Please email us to coordinate.
- If you like to shop, we can always use your help in contacting local donors. Please sign-up on ParentSquare for one of the Noe Valley shopping blocks or another local solicitation area: https://www.parentsquare.com/feeds/313009.
- Countless volunteers will be needed in the weeks leading up to the auction and on of the day of the event, March 18th. Please watch the Alvarado Newsletter and the ParentSquare Community Forum for updates on how to sign-up for open volunteer spots via ParentSquare. We will also have paper sign-up sheets in the lobby, near the main school entrance.
- Help plan and run Alvarado’s most important fundraising event. Email us to find out what roles still need to be filled this year, or find out how you can help plan next year’s auction.
- The Annual Raffle runs from Mid-December until the auction event, and raises approximately $15,000 every year, thanks to the individual selling efforts of the Alvarado community. One book of Raffle tickets went home in each student’s backpack just before winter break. Additional books of tickets can be picked up in the office.
- We always need volunteers to sign-up for slots to Sell Raffle Tickets at the Noe Valley Farmer’s Market. Kids are especially effective at selling tickets, and it’s a great skill that your child can develop. Volunteer to take a shift here: https://www.parentsquare.com/feeds/316060
- Each classroom, in conjunction with parent volunteers and the teacher, create a unique work of art which is sold at auction. Collectively, the class art projects raises roughly 1/3 of all auction proceeds! Talk to your room parent to find out how you can help with creating your classroom’s art project, or donate funds for materials.
- Parents and local community businesses are invited to help underwrite the costs of the auction. Individual Parent Sponsors are invited to select a sponsorship level at the time of their ticket purchase. Business Sponsors receive promotion through our Alvarado website, the Noe Valley Voice, the Alvarado PTA Annual Report, our Alvarado Newsletter, and via our printed auction posters. Any monetary contribution is greatly appreciated.
- If you are interested in sponsoring the auction, please review our business sponsorship levels and contact the auction co-chairs at email@example.com or select the appropriate sponsorship level on the ticket registration page.