We ask that every family donate 1-2 items to support the auction’s fundraising efforts– whether you can attend the event, or not.
• Best-selling parent-donated items at the auction include: vacation home rentals, fine wine, champagne or other spirits, delicious chocolate, sports tickets and other event tickets.
• Creative activities for a group of children also sell well, such as: science experiments, craft projects, movie nights with a special theme, and outings to interesting places. Check out the “Count Me In” flyer for a detailed list of ideas for parent-made items and activities.
• Host a themed dinner party or other social gathering, such as a wine tasting party, beer & cheese pairing, or a dinner party with a guest chef.
• Donate your time and creativity by offering hand-made products such as: a monthly pie delivery, frozen home-made cookie dough, homemade traditional food entrees, decorated birthday cakes, a parking spot in your driveway near Alvarado, or similar items.
• Instructions: If you are a parent and have your donation items ready to drop-off, please first complete your donor form, either online or In Print. Then leave the item in the Alvarado School office and attach either a note with your name and contact info (if you filled out the donor form online) or the completed donor form. For more information on how to donate, please refer to the auction donate page.
organizations in-person or online
• Do you have personal connections to interesting organizations or companies that can donate to Alvarado? High-End Wine or Spirits, or Gift Certificates to Restaurants are especially valuable! Please email us to coordinate.
• Every year, dozens of parents help solicit donations from local businesses, cultural organizations, and sports teams. Helping the auction co-chairs follow up with previous donors (by phone or email) is a huge support, and something that can be done on your own time. Sign up for online solicitations here.
• If you like to shop, we can always use your help in contacting local donors. Sign-up to solicit a Noe Valley shopping block or another local neighborhood here.
Countless volunteers will be needed in the weeks leading up to the auction and on the day of the event, Saturday, March 17th. Please watch the Alvarado Newsletter and the ParentSquare Community Forum for details on how to sign-up for volunteer spots. We will also have paper sign-up sheets in the lobby, near the main school entrance.
Help plan and run Alvarado’s biggest fundraising event. Email us to learn more about how you can help us this year, or find out how you can get involved with planning next year’s auction.
• The Annual Raffle runs from Mid-November until the auction event, and raises approximately $15,000 every year, thanks to the individual selling efforts of the Alvarado community. Two booklets of Raffle tickets went home in each student’s backpack just before Thanksgiving break. Additional books of tickets can be picked up in the office.
• We always need volunteers to sign-up for slots to Sell Raffle Tickets at the Noe Valley Farmer’s Market. Kids are especially effective at selling tickets, and it’s a great skill that your child can develop. Volunteer to take a shift here.
Each classroom, in conjunction with parent volunteers and the teacher, create a unique work of art which is sold at auction. Collectively, the class art projects raise roughly 1/3 of all auction proceeds!
Talk to your room-parent to find out how you can help with creating your classroom’s art project, donate funds for materials, help to deliver it to or from the auction, etc.
• Parents and local community businesses are invited to help underwrite the costs of the auction. Individual Parent Sponsors are invited to select a sponsorship level at the time of their ticket purchase, on the ticket registration page. Any monetary contribution is greatly appreciated.
• Business Sponsors receive promotion through our Alvarado website, the Noe Valley Voice, the Alvarado PTA Annual Report, our Alvarado Newsletter, and via our printed auction invites and posters. If you are interested in sponsoring the auction, please review our Business Sponsorship Tiers and contact the auction co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.